Somerset Church RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
There is a great index to many of the Church of England parishes in south and west Somerset. It is called Dr. Campbell's Index. This index was created by Dr. Neville Campbell. It is available at the Somerset Records Office. It has also been microfilmed and is available at the Family History Library or can be ordered at any Family History Center. For a list of the film numbers, click here.
The Somerset Records Office website includes a brief description of this index under #16, which states, "Index, by surname, of baptisms and marriages in the parishes of South and West Somerset, as far east as Martock, Ilminster, Langport, etc, from beginning of registers to 1899. Excludes Minehead, Taunton, Wilton, Wellington, and Bridgwater, and marriages covered by Phillimore's Somerset Marriages (15 vols, 1898-1915)" For a listing of the parishes and the dates of coverage for this index click here.
At findmypast (£)--
- Somerset Marriages. 146,765 entries. Coverage.
- Somerset Marriages (post-1754). 184,710 entries. Coverage.
- ↑ Somerset Records Office."Indexes at the Somerset Records Office". http://www.somerset.gov.uk/archives/indexes.htm,#16.
- ↑ 'Genoot Library - British Isles Vital Record Index Breakdown,' Genoot, accessed 1 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of the Joiner Marriage Index', The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 1 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 1 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 02:07.
- This page has been accessed 3,477 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News