South Africa Civil RegistrationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Marriage records are also very valuable in South African genealogical research. Marriage records provide the following information:
- Date when the marriage occurred
- Full names, marital status (single or widowed) and places of birth for both the bride and groom
- Full names, and places of birth for the parents of the bride and groom
- Civil registration (marriages), Natal, 1845-1899
- Civil registration (marriages), Transvaal, 1861-1899
- Civil registration (marriages), Orange Free State, 1848-1899
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2013, at 16:40.
- This page has been accessed 547 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More