South Carolina BiographyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Richard N. Côté and Patricia H. Williams, The Dictionary of South Carolina Biography, Volume 1 (Easley, South Carolina: The Southern Historical Press, 1985) At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL book 975.7 D36cThis dictionary is a continuing index to all published biographical sketches. The first volume indexes 13,300 sketches from 52 published sources. Other volumes in the set are currently being prepared for publication.
- Hemphill, James C. Men of Mark in South Carolina . . . A Collection of Biographies of Leading Men of the State. Four Volumes. (Washington, DC: Men of Mark Publishing Co., 1907-9.) FHL 1000581 items 1-4
- Snowden, Yates, and Harry G. Cutler. History of South Carolina. Five Volumes. (Chicago, Illinois: Lewis Publishing Co., 1920.) FHL film 1000580 Volumes 1-5; book 975.7 H2s Volumes 3-5 are biographical.
- To access biographies for people in South Carolina available through the Family History Library, use the Place-names Search in the FamilySearch Catalogy for:
- SOUTH CAROLINA - BIOGRAPHY
- SOUTH CAORLINA, [COUNTY] - BIOGRAPHY
- SOUTH CAROLINA, [COUNTY], [TOWN] - BIOGRAPHY
- This page was last modified on 23 December 2015, at 18:54.
- This page has been accessed 5,248 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News