South Carolina BiographyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Richard N. Côté and Patricia H. Williams, The Dictionary of South Carolina Biography, Volume 1 (Easley, South Carolina: The Southern Historical Press, 1985) At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL book 975.7 D36cThis dictionary is a continuing index to all published biographical sketches. The first volume indexes 13,300 sketches from 52 published sources. Other volumes in the set are currently being prepared for publication.
- Hemphill, James C. Men of Mark in South Carolina . . . A Collection of Biographies of Leading Men of the State. Four Volumes. (Washington, DC: Men of Mark Publishing Co., 1907-9.) FHL 1000581 items 1-4
- Snowden, Yates, and Harry G. Cutler. History of South Carolina. Five Volumes. (Chicago, Illinois: Lewis Publishing Co., 1920.) FHL film 1000580 Volumes 1-5; book 975.7 H2s Volumes 3-5 are biographical.
- To access biographies for people in South Carolina available through the Family History Library, use the Place-names Search in the FamilySearch Catalogy for:
- SOUTH CAROLINA - BIOGRAPHY
- SOUTH CAORLINA, [COUNTY] - BIOGRAPHY
- SOUTH CAROLINA, [COUNTY], [TOWN] - BIOGRAPHY
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 17:31.
- This page has been accessed 3,623 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki