South Carolina For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
An essential guide for early South Carolina historical and genealogical research is:
- Lesser, Charles H. South Carolina Begins: The Records of a Proprietary Colony, 1663-1721. Columbia, S.C.: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995.
These guidebooks will give you more detailed information about South Carolina research, publications, and records:
- Côté, Richard N. Local and Family History in South Carolina: A Bibliography. Easley, SC: Southern Historical Press, 1981. FHL 975.7 H23c; WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City. UT: Ancestry, 2004. Free digital version at Ancestry Wiki; FHL Collection; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Hicks, Theresa M., South Carolina: A Guide for Genealogists, Rev. Ed., [Columbia,SC]: Columbia Chapter, South Carolina Genealogical Society, 1995. FHL Collection; WorldCat entry
- Holcomb, Brent Howard, A Guide to South Carolina Genealogical Research and Records, Columbia, SC: Brent H. Holcomb, 1998. FHL Collection; WorldCat entry
- Inventory of County Archives of South Carolina, 14 vol., Historical Records Survey; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1937-1941. FHL Collection; WorldCat entry
- Jones, Lewis P. Books and Articles on South Carolina History. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 1991. FHL Collection; WorldCat entry
- McKown, Bryan F., Destroyed County Records in South Carolina, Columbia, SC: SC Department of Archives and History, c1996. FHL Collection; WorldCat entry
- Moore, John H. Research Materials in South Carolina. Columbia, SC, 1967. FHL Collection; WorldCat entry
- Schweitzer, George K. South Carolina Genealogical Research. Knoxville, TN: G. Schwitzer, 1985. FHL Collection;WorldCat entry.
- Turnbull, Robert C. Bibliography of South Carolina, 1563-1950, 6 vol. Charlottesville, VA., 1956-1960. WorldCat entry
SCMar is a major publisher of South Carolina genealogical resources. Online bookstore.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:16.
- This page has been accessed 2,344 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More