South Carolina PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The major genealogical periodicals and magazines helpful for South Carolina research are:
- Carolina Genealogist. 1969-1984. Published by Mary Bondurant Warren, Danielsville, Georgia 30633. (Family History Library book 975 B2cg.)
- Carolina Herald and Newsletter. 1974-. Published by the South Carolina Genealogical Society, Inc., P.O. Box 492, Columbia, South Carolina 29202. (Family History Library book 975.7 B2c.)
- Names in South Carolina. 1954-. Published by the Department of English, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208. (Family History Library book 975.7 B5d.) Has information on persons and places whose history is intertwined with specific localities.
- South Carolina Genealogical Register. 1963-1968. Published by Elizabeth Wood Thomas, ed., Pass Christian, Mississippi 39571. (Family History Library book 975.7 B2g; film vols. 908182 item 2 vols. 2 and 496854 item 6 vols. 3-4.))
- South Carolina Historical Magazine (formerly: South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine). 1900-. Published by the South Carolina Historical Society, Fireproof Building, 100 Meeting St., Charleston, South Carolina 29401-2291, Telephone: 803-723-3225, Fax 803-723-8584. (Family History Library book 975.7 B2s; film 1697883 item 13 vol. 6.) This has cumulative indexes to 1992.
- South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, 1973-. Published by Brent Holcomb, P.O. Box 21766, Columbia, South Carolina 29221 (Family History Library book 975.7 B2sc.)
- Transactions of the Huguenot Society of South Carolina. 1888-. Published by the Huguenot Society of South Carolina, 138 Logan Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29401. (Family History Library book 975.7 C4h; vols. 1, 5, 18-20, and 22 on films beginning with film 1321493.)
- This page was last modified on 13 May 2011, at 21:50.
- This page has been accessed 2,461 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More