South Lopham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|South Lopham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Guiltcross PLU|
|Parish registers: 1557|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
LOPHAM, SOUTH (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 5½ miles (S. E. by S.) from East Harling. The living is a rectory not in charge, annexed to that of North Lopham.
South Lopham St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.
The largest Norman tower church in the county of Norfolk.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
South Lopham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|South Lopham, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 120/ 1-11, 80
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438861.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: South Lopham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 175-179. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:46.
- This page has been accessed 1,272 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page