South Pickenham, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|South Pickenham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Swaffham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1694|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish HistoryPICKENHAM, SOUTH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. E. by S.) from Swaffham. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
South Pickenham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|South Pickenham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1694-1902||Undefined||1694-1904||Undefined||1694-1805, 1808-1902|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438860.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: South Pickenham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 564-567. Date accessed: 03 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 17:33.
- This page has been accessed 2,052 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News