South Willesborough, KentEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to South Willesborough, Kent family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|South Willesborough, Kent|
South Willesborough St Mary the Virgin Kent
|Hundred||Chart and Longbridge|
|Poor Law Union||East Ashford PLU|
|Registration District||East Ashford|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1564|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
Willesborough was a village close to Ashford but is now a residential suburb of Ashford and is within the urban area, see Willesborough Wikipedia
The parish church of St Mary the Virgin South Willesborough is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Canterbury, see Church website
From this parish were developed:
South Willesborough St Barnabas
Willesborough Christ Church ( at the junction of Hythe Road and Albermarle Road) which dates from 1867 and has been designated as a grade C listed building British listed building.
Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
South Willesborough, Kent parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|South Willesborough, Kent Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||1858-1895 (banns)|
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
 to locate local Family History Centres in UK
 to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
WILLESBOROUGH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of East Ashford, hundred of Chart and Longbridge, lathe of Shepway, E. division of Kent, 2 miles (S. E. by E.) from Ashford. 
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish baptism records', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish marriage records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish burial records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Derived from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- ↑ 'England, Kent, Parish Registers, 1538-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 13 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Kent, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Mid-Kent Marriage Index 1754-1911,' Woodchurch Ancestry Group, accessed 16 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Lewis,Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 577-579. Date accessed: 08 May 2013.
- This page was last modified on 5 June 2014, at 20:46.
- This page has been accessed 4,311 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki