Southwark St Jude St George's Road, Surrey, EnglandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Southwark St Jude St George's Road, Surrey family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Southwark St Jude St George's Road, Surrey, England|
|Poor Law Union||Southwark St George the Martyr PLU|
|Registration District||St George Southwark|
|Parish registers: 1850|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - Winchester; Post-1845 - London|
|Probate Court||Pre-1846 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey; Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of London (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Surrey Record Office|
Southwark, parlimentary borough, Surrey, on river Thames, opposite London city.
Borough Of Southwark. (In the Diocese of Winchester).
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Non Conformist Churches
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474668.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Southwark St Jude was created a district chapel in 1850 from and lying within the boundaries of Southwark St George the Martyr Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ John Bartholomew Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887. Adapted. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- ↑ London Eccesiastical jurisdiction. A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- ↑ Batch C055171, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Surrey, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- ↑ Batch M055171, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (N-Z), England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 2 April 2012.
- This page was last modified on 24 June 2014, at 22:31.
- This page has been accessed 937 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki