Springfield Missouri Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1357 S Ingram Mill Road, Springfield, Missouri United States
- Located on Bennett Street at Ingram Mill Road entrance is gained after ringing the bell at the south door.
- 1 417-887-8229
- Use the above phone number during open hours, for after hours please leave a message.
- Ruth Karleen Tutton - 1 417-866-3967
- Thomas Norman Tutton
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Closed due to weather when Springfield schools close.
- For 2012:
- Closed July 3 and 4
- Closed Nov 20 and 21
- Closed Dec 23 thru Jan 6,2013
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 9 December 2013, at 20:53.
- This page has been accessed 479 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More