Springfield Missouri South Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Family History Center serves the south Springfield, Nixa, Republic, Ozark and rural areas around south Springfield, Missouri. Although there are scheduled hours for operation, a family history consultant will be happy to meet with patrons at times convenient for them. Please call 417-889-2835 for an appointment during nonscheduled hours. (Leave a message.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4450 S Farm Rd 141 (Cox Road), Springfield MO 65810 United States
- Please park on the south side of the church building.
- Ring the bell to the left of the doors for entrance to the center.
- Tuesdays:9:00am-12:00pm and 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Wednesdays:11:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director in advance at (1-417-725-5015 and leave a message.)
Closed all major holidays: When Springfield Public Schools have snow days:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many on-site microfiche and microfilm resources are available for patron use.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm Reader
- Microfiche Readers
- WIFI for Patron Owned Laptops
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 20 May 2015, at 16:51.
- This page has been accessed 989 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News