Springfield Missouri South Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Family History Center serves the south Springfield, Nixa, Republic, Ozark and rural areas around south Springfield, Missouri. Although there are scheduled hours for operation, a family history consultant will be happy to meet with patrons at times convenient for them. Please call 417-889-2835 for an appointment during nonscheduled hours. (Leave a message.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4450 S. Farm Rd. 141 (Cox Road), Springfield, MO 65810 United States
- Please park on the south side of the church building.
- Ring the bell to the left of the doors for entrance to the center.
- 1 417-889-2835
- Duane and Leslie McIlquham
Open Hours: Tuesdays 9:00AM-3:00PM and 6:30PM-8:00PM
Wednesdays 11:00AM-2:00PM and 6:30PM-8:00PM
Other hours by appointment. Call 417-889-2835 and leave a message for an appointment.
Closed major holidays and Springfield Public Schools snow days
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Many on-site microfiche and microfilm resources are available for patron use.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm Reader
- Microfiche Readers
- WIFI for Patron Owned Laptops
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2013, at 18:35.
- This page has been accessed 258 times.