Springville Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Springville Family History Center serves the City of Springville.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map: Springville Family History Center
- 415 South 200 East, Springville, Utah 84663
- Our center is located in the building that originally was the old Springville High Seminary, and later the Kolob Stake offices.
- Park at the East end of the Springville Art Museum's parking lot. Cross the road carefully, and enter the red brick building on the corner.
- Tuesday 1am - 9pm
- Wednesday 1pm - 9pm
- Friday 1pm - 9pm
- Closed holidays
Also closed two weeks near the end of August for summer vacation, and around Thanksgiving,
- Two weeks encompassing Christmas and the New Year holidays.
- Closed holidays
Visit our facebook page:facebook.com/SpringvilleFHC
- FamilySearch Catalog:films and fiche may be ordered on line at film.familysearch.org and delivered to this center for viewing. Tbere are about 350 microfilms at the center, with emphasis on local records. There are also a variety of reference books and maps.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- Computers (15), Scanners (3), Printers (3), Microfilm Readers (4), microfiche Readers (3).
- A classroom that will accomodate about 40 comfortably, with computer and projector.
- Both wired and wireless internet throughout the building. Personal laptops are welcome.
Staff Research Specialties
Most of our volunteers can help with questions about Family Search.org, New Family Search, Ancestry.com, the Family Search Research Wiki and other online resources. We can help you get started with Family Search indexing.
On Tuesday afternoon we have research specialists who can help you with your research in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Resources in the Local Area
Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
BYU Library and Family History Library, Provo (6 miles from here).
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, call Wm Carl Johnson (801) 489-2956. The Center is open four (4) days a week, Tuesday through Friday. There are two shifts per day, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., as well as one morning shift on Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:59.
- This page has been accessed 2,110 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki