St. Francisville, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St. Francisville is a town in and the parish seat of West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.
The town of St. Francisville was established in 1809 and a number of historic structures from that period still exist. Called the town "two miles long and two yards wide" because it was developed atop a narrow ridge overlooking the Mississippi River, it was the commercial and cultural center of the surrounding plantation country.
Records and Resources
Newspapers and Magazines
- Country Roads Magazine
Published continuously since beginning in St. Francisville in 1983.
- Town of St. Francisville & Main Street Program
- St. Francisville Audubon Pilgrimage Spring Festival
- St. Francisville Audubon Country BirdFest
- St. Francisville Festivals
- This page was last modified on 24 September 2011, at 00:32.
- This page has been accessed 210 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More