St. Georges Parish, Accomack, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St. George's Parish has served Accomack County, Virginia. It is located in Pungoteague.
St. George Parish reports:
Overseers of the Poor
- Surname index to Meetings of the Overseers of the Poor for Accomack & St. George's Parish September 1787-1819, courtesy: Petersrow Publishers.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
- Walczyk, Gail M. St. George's Parish, Accomack County, Vestry Book 1763-1787. Coram, N.Y.: Peter's Row, 1998. FHL Book 975.516 K2w; Free online surname index, courtesy: Petersrow Publishers.
- St George's Parish on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (official site)
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Jean Merritt Mihalyka and Faye Downing Wilson, Graven Stones: Inscriptions from Lower Accomack County, Virginia, Including Liberty and Parksley Cemeteries (Bowie, Md.: Heritage books, Inc., 1992).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 304-309.
- ↑ Francis Lister Hawks, A Narrative of Events Connected with the Rise and Progress of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Virginia: To Which is Added an Appendix, Containing the Journals of the Conventions in Virginia from the Commencement to the Present Time (New York: Harper and Brothers, 1836). Digital version at Google Books.
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2012, at 20:37.
- This page has been accessed 1,314 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More