St. James's Roman Catholic Parish, Dublin GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St. James's parish comprises nearly the whole of the Protestant parish of the same name. The duty is performed by a parish priest, who is also chaplain to the county gaol of Kilmainham, and by four officiating clergymen. The chapel, which is situated at James-gate, is about to be taken down and a new building erected. There is a chapel at Dolphin's Barn for the accommodation of that populous district; and also a nunnery of the Carmelite order, consisting of a superioress and a sisterhood of 16, established in 1834, in the same neighbourhood, attached to which is a free school for girls. For more information, go to www.libraryireland.com.
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:09.
- This page has been accessed 596 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News