St. James Southam Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St. James Southam Parish has served Goochland, Cumberland, and Powhatan counties. Tar Wallett Church, a church on James River, South Chapel, Ham Chapel, and Peterville Church all fell within the bounds of this parish.
The original parish register is kept at the church. A photocopy is available and includes parishioners, communicants, baptisms 1842-1900, marriages 1849-1902, burials 1840-1909 and offerings:
- Owens, Barbara P. et al. Index of the Register of St. James Parish, Southam, Powhatan County, Virginia. FHL Large Q Book 975.5612 V22o
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:15.
- This page has been accessed 2,579 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More