St. Louis County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to St. Louis County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|St. Louis County, Minnesota|
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 1, 1856|
|Address|| St. Louis County Courthouse|
100 N 5th Ave W
Duluth, MN 55802-1202
St. Louis County Website
Clerk District Court has birth, death and marriage records from 1870,
burial permits from 1938, divorce, court and land records from 1859.
County Court has probate records. 
- 1856--St. Louis County was created 1 March 1856 from Itasca County. County seat: Duluth 
- For a brief history of how St. Louis County was named, click here, then select St. Louis County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Duluth Public Library has an Index to Obituaries printed in the Duluth News-Tribune and Duluth Herald newspapers from 1962 to the present.
St. Louis County Death Record Index covering the time period from January 1, 1870 through December 31, 2000. Hosted by Rootsweb
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Duluth Minnesota Family History Center
- Virginia Minnesota Family History Center
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), St Louis County, Minnesota page 368, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2013, at 15:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,765 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More