St Helens, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to St Helens, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Helens, Hampshire|
|Hundred||East Medina Liberty|
|Poor Law Union||Isle of Wight PLU|
|Registration District||Isle of Wight|
|Parish registers: 1653|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Rural Deanery||East Medine|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
ST HELENS, a parish, in the liberty of East Medina, Isle of Wight division of the county of Southampton, 3 miles (S. E. by E.) from Ryde. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Helens parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|ST HELENS PARISH Online Records|
St Helens St John parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ST HELENS ST JOHN PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288806.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel, A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 466-470. Date accessed: 06 June 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 24 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 2 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 04:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,487 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki