St Ives, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to St Ives, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Ives, Cornwall|
St Ives church contributor David Long
|Poor Law Union||Penzance PLU|
|Parish registers: 1651|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1614|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
IVES, ST. (St. Andrew), a sea-port, borough, and parish, in the union of Penzance, hundred of Penwith, W. division of the county of Cornwall, 9 miles (N. E. by N.) from Penzance, and 278 (W. S. W.) from LondonThere are places of worship for the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion, Primitive Methodists, and Wesleyans, which last have also a meeting-house in the village of Halsetown. 
St Ives is an Ecclesiastical Parish and a market town in the county of Cornwall, created in 1826 from chapelry in Lelant, Cornwall Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Chyanchy, Hellesveor, Street-an-Garrow, and Trevalgan.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
St Ives, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Ives, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
||1679-1869, 1891-1938|| |
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 91
Images of St Ives Wesleyan Methodist Circuit Baptisms are also online at historic records
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
Overview, Include any unique information such as, the census for X year was destroyed, Collection in FHL and link to catalog, Online sites.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
St Ives in GENUKI
- ↑ Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 628-631. Date accessed: 06 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Database Coverage,' Cornwall Parish Register Index, accessed 1 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 10 September 2014, at 17:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,039 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki