St Kew, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to St Kew, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Kew, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||Bodmin PLU|
|Parish records: 1564|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1611|
|Rural Deanery||Trigg Minor|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
KEW, ST., a parish, in the union of Bodmin, hundred of Trigg, E. division of Cornwall, 4¼ miles (N. E. by N.) from Wadebridge; Here are places of worship for Wesleyans. In the churchyard was formerly a chapel.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Kew, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Kew, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
||1790-1799; 1800-1812 (banns)||
Images of parish registers are available online in historic records (formerly Record Search) Images refer to Cornwall County Record Office reference: P 100
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241273.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [county] Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 663-667.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
Add here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 04:06.
- This page has been accessed 428 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback