St Louis Missouri North Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 6386 Howdershell Rd., Hazelwood, MO 63042 United States
- Entry to the FHC is in the rear of the building.
- 1 314 731-5373
- Marilyn L. Liesmann - 1 636-543-9806 & 1 314-368-0102
- Tues-Friday: 10:00am. - 1:00pm.
- Tues-Thursday: 6:30pm. - 9:00pm.
We will be closed during the dates listed below for 2013
- July 1 - 6, 2013
- November 24-30
- December 17 - 31
- January 1 - 6, 2014
Note: Whenever inclement weather occurs, the Family History Center may not be open due to weather and road conditions. Please call the Family History Center during normal open hours to confirm if we are open. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Calendar and Events
Winter 2013 Family History Seminars
The classes are free and open to everyone. They are held on Saturday mornings, 10am-noon, in the FHC building.
Feb 2nd: “The Harder I Work, The Luckier I Get!” Jim Daniel will be sharing his stories of researching tips and adventures.
Feb 9th: Preparing for a Road Trip. How to organize your trip for a more successful research will be presented.
Feb 16th: Open Forum.Bring your questions and ideas. Be ready to share. A few questions were: How does DNA testing work? How do you go about creating a book for your family? What about Sources?
Feb 23rd: Video recording interviews of relatives. Terry Henderson will share his tips on a successful interview, equipment to questions to ask.
Mar 2nd: Back by popular request - German Research.Fred Held will share his tips for successful research of German ancestry.
Mar 9th: General basics on How to Research. Nancy Sparks will share her years of experience full of “how to” ideas.
Each of these classes will have ideas for organization of materials, and research tips that work for the presenters. We hope you will be able to come, bring a friend, and your questions! Remember that these workshops are always FREE and open to everyone who wishes to attend. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Marilyn Liesmann, STL MO North FHC Director - 314-731-5373.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Indefinite Rental
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 22 October 2013, at 22:52.
- This page has been accessed 634 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More