St Stephen Coleman StreetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
London St Stephen Coleman Street family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers (baptisms, christenings, marriages, and burials), civil registration (births, marriages, and deaths), census records, history, wills, cemetery, online transcriptions and indexes, an interactive map and website resources.
- 1541 London Subsidy Roll, Coleman Street Ward - Seinct Stevins Parishe, courtesy: British History Online
- St Stephen, Coleman Street, Coleman Street Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/151); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Coleman Street Ward - St Stephens Paroche in Coalemanstreete, courtesy: British History Online
- St Stephen, Coleman Street, Coleman Street Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/513); copy: FHL Film 2228703.
1692-1932 Land Taxes
1695 Inhabitants Lists
Go to London Probate Records to find the names of the courts having secondary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish.
Transcripts of early St Stephen Coleman Street tombs found in the interior of the church were published in Catalogue of the most Memorable Persons who had visible Tombs, plated Gravestones ... in the City of London (through) A.D. 1700, which is available online.
Find A Grave has created a page on the defunct St Stephen Churchyard (1 entry).
The church has been demolished.
St. Stephen, Coleman-street is a parish, of the city of London Within the Walls. The patron is the Parishioners. It is a parish within the poor-law union of the City of London.
Web Sites(The London Family History Centre Catalogue is a terrific resource for identifying FamilySearch's London collections).
- London Family History Centre Catalogue (St Stephen Coleman Street Parish records)
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London St Stephen Coleman Street')
- ↑ London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Stephen, Coleman Street in the City of London. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Stephen Coleman Street in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Stephen Coleman Street in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as St Stephen Coleman Street in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ Batches C019662, P019661 (1717-1875, inactive 11/2/2012), see: Hugh Wallis, "IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England," IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes microfilmed parish registers.
- ↑ "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- ↑ John Hanson, "City of London Burials," Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011.
- ↑ Batch M019661-M019662, see: Hugh Wallis, "IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England," IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes parish register transcripts and microfilmed parish registers.
- ↑ "Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches," British Origins, accessed 4 July 2011.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- ↑ Payne Fisher and G. Blacker Morgan, Catalogue of the Tombs in the Churches of the City of London, A.D. 1666 (1668; reprint, London: Hasell, Watson, Viney, Ld., 1885). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- ↑ Percy C. Rushden, The Churchyard Inscriptions of the City of London (London: Phillimore and Co., Ltd., 1910). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- ↑ James Elmes, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Environs (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digitised by Google Books.
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) Adapted. Date accessed: 20 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 20 December 2013, at 16:55.
- This page has been accessed 1,839 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More