Stafford Christ Church, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stafford Christ Church, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stafford Christ Church, Staffordshire|
|Hundred||South Pirehill; Stafford|
|Poor Law Union||Stafford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1839|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Lichfield|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Stafford Christ Church is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1844 from Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire Ancient Parish. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a non-Church of England denomination located somewhere in Stafford, but the exact parish has not been identified. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stafford Christ Church was formed in 1844 from Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire The church was demolished in 1979. the parish is now at Rowley Street in a shared ecumenical Anglican/Methodist church building.
Stafford Christ Church parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|STAFFORD CHRIST CHURCH PARISH (1839) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1839-1976 Mar 1845-1979 Bur 1839-1892
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1839-1872 Mar 1849-1851 Bur 1839-1871 missing 1856, 1867 Bap/Bur
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Stafford Christ Church, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474632.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 September 2014.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,466 times.