Stafford St Mary, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire|
|Hundred||South Pirehill; Stafford|
|Poor Law Union||Stafford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1673|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Lichfield|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Stafford St Mary is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Staffordshire. Other places in the parish include: Hopton and Coton. Non-Church of England denominations identified in Stafford St Mary include: Christians, Independent/Congregational, Methodist New Connexion, Particular Baptist, Plymouth Brethren, Presbyterian, Primitive Methodist, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a non-Church of England denomination located somewhere in Stafford, but the exact parish has not been identified.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stafford St Mary parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|STAFFORD ST MARY PARISH (1551) Online Records|
||1559-1589, 1813-1841|| |
Stafford St Chad, Staffordshire and other district churches and mission churches were formed from the parish
Stafford St Bertelin was built in 1856 as a mission church and is now a district Church
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1958-1989 Mar 1971-1990 Bur none
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474632.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 05:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,537 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki