StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|News & Events|
|**Please add upcoming genealogical news and events.**|
Key topics to get started:
|Did You Know?|
|**Please add items of interest.**|
Use an interactive map to find jurisdictions for each parish in Staffordshire.
When civil registration of births, marriages and deaths began in 1837, Staffordshire was divided into a number of registration districts, each containing several parishes. The index to the civil records gives the name of the district where an event took place. Click here to see a list of the civil districts in Staffordshire and the parishes covered by each. Read more about England Civil Registration.
See a list of the parishes of Staffordshire with links to articles.
Before 1858, every town and parish in Staffordshire was under the probate jurisdiction of several ecclesiastical courts. To read more about probate records and see a list of Staffordshire towns and parishes and the probate courts that had jurisdiction over them, go to Staffordshire Probate Records.
- To view an excellent list of web sites and/or web pages for Staffordshire and many of its parishes, visit FHLFavorites.info.
- Staffordshire City Council offers various different records. This site provides indexes to their collection and has copying services available.
- Staffordshire Name Indexes provides access to the following information:
- This website allows free access to the indexes listed below :
- Calendars of Prisoners at Staffordshire Quarter Sessions, 1779-1880
- Staffordshire Police Force Registers Index, 1842-1920
- Diocese of Lichfield Wills, 1650-1700
- Staffordshire Apprentices, 1600-1900
- Workhouse Admissions and Discharges, 1836-1900
- Staffordshire Past Track: Photos, Audio and Video
- This page was last modified on 25 November 2012, at 05:14.
- This page has been accessed 5,938 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More