Starke County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Starke County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Starke County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Starke County Courthouse|
PO Box 395
Knox, IN 46534
Starke County, Indiana Resources
For tips on accessing Starke County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Starke County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Starke County (1860) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
Land and Property
War of 1812
- Veterans in Starke County, Indiana (1913) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Vermillion County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Vermillion County.
- 5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers), Company C
World War I
World War II`
Naturalization and Citizenship
Starke County Courthouse
PO Box 395
Knox, IN 46534
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1850.
County Autitor has land records from 1850.
County Health Department has birth and death records. 
Family History Centers
- Directory of Teachers for Starke County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920-FamilySearch
Starke County, Indiana Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Starke County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Starke County, Indiana 216 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2013, at 22:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,508 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More