Steep, SussexEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
STEEP, a parish, partly in the union of Petersfield, hundred of East Meon, Petersfield and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, and partly in the union of Midhurst, hundred of Easebourne, rape of Chichester, W. division of Sussex contains also North and South Ambersham.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Steep parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|STEEP PARISH Online Records|
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 198-200.Date accessed: 5June 2013. Date Accessed: 4 October 2013
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 2 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 25 October 2013, at 00:45.
- This page has been accessed 473 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More