Step 6. Organize your papersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Pacific Island Guide > Step 6. Organize your papers
1. Gather papers together to find what's needed, and prevent loss.
2. Put pedigree charts, to-do lists, and results lists in one pile. Put family group records in another pile.
3. Put your family group records in alphabetical order by name.
4. Put the papers about each family behind their family chart.
- Put a person’s papers from before they are married behind their parents’ family chart.
- After a person is married, put their papers behind the family chart where they appear as the husband and wife.
- Keep your pedigree charts in one folder and your To Do lists and Results Lists in another.
- You then can put the Pedigree Chart and associated papers for each family in a folder in alphabetical order by name.
- The more papers you get, the bigger the container you will need.
5. Store your papers in a safe place.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2009, at 14:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,642 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki