Stephens County, OklahomaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Stephens County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Stephens County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Stephens County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Oklahoma|
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Stephens County Courthouse|
101 S. 11th Street #203
Duncan, Oklahoma 73533
1907--Stephens County was created 16 July 1907 from Comanche and Chickasaw Lands.
County seat: Duncan 
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 173 - Eschiti Cemetery
For tips on accessing Stephens County, Oklahoma census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Stephens County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Stephens County OK GenWeb Project, a member of The OKGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stephens County, Oklahoma. Page 562 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 March 2013, at 19:47.
- This page has been accessed 1,243 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More