Stockleigh English, DevonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stockleigh English, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stockleigh English, Devon|
|Poor Law Union||Crediton PLU|
|Parish registers: 1610|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1663|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
STOCKLEY-ENGLISH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Crediton, hundred of West Budleigh, Crediton and N. divisions of Devon, 5¼ miles (N. by E.) from Crediton.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stockleigh English, Devon parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Stockleigh English, Devon Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241305.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 3 November 2013.
- ↑ J. Erskine-Risk, 'Registry Required by Act of Parliament for Burials in Woollens in Stockleigh English,' Report and Transactions of the Devonshire Association, Vol. 36 (1904):517-521. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Devon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 19:28.
- This page has been accessed 873 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page