Stogumber, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
STOGUMBER, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Williton district, Somerset. The village stands 1 mile W of the Watchet railway, and 6 N by E of Wiveliscombe. The parish contains also six hamlets. There is a Baptist chapel. The sub-district contains 8 parishes.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stogumber, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|WEST = West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions - free|
|Stogumber, Somerset Parish Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474607.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Wilson, John M., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 25 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 February 2014.
- ↑ Somerset Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 21 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions, accessed 22 October 2013.
- ↑ E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 04:01.
- This page has been accessed 541 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback