Stogursey, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
STOGURSEY, or StokeCourcy, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Williton district, Somerset. The village stands 8½ miles NW of Bridgewater railway station. The parish contains also five hamlets. There are chapels for Independents and Baptists.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stogursey, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|STOGURSEY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474594.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 25 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 February 2014.
- ↑ Somerset Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 21 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 1 May 2014, at 23:18.
- This page has been accessed 689 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback