Stokesby with Herringby, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Stokesby with Herringby, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg PLU|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1601|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
STOKESBY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of East Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (E.) from Acle, by the ferry across the Bure; containing, with Herringby. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Stokesby St Andrew with Herringby is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Flegg 1837-1924
- Yarmouth and Flegg 1925-1938
- Acle 1938-1974
- Norwich Outer
Stokesby with Herringby parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|STOKESBY WITH HERRINGBY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438855.
Poor Law Unions
East and West Flegg http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Flegg/Flegg.shtml
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Stokesby with Herringby on GenUKI
- Stokesby St Andrew
- 1813 to 1880 Baptism Project Stodesby-with-Herrinby St Andrew on Tinstaafl. Photographs, history and parish baptism transcripts.
- Stokesby Village web site contains information about the history of the church.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp.224-229. Date accessed:11 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 03:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,057 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki