Stone (near Dartford), KentEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Stone (near Dartford), Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Stone (near Dartford), Kent|
Stone St Mary Kent
|Hundred||Axton, Dartford and Wilmington|
|Poor Law Union||Dartford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1718|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1718|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Rochester|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
Stone sometimes known as Stone next Dartford is a village in the Dartord district of Kent Stone Wikipedia
Stone-next-Dartford St Mary the Virgin is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Rochester; a map of the parish boundary may be found at A church near you
The church of St Mary Stone, Stone Road, Dartford has been designated as a grade I listed building British listed building
See Kent Archeological Society and Edward Hasted The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 2 (1797), pp. 384-399. Date accessed: 14 November 2013. at British History Online and Kent Churches website
This parish should not be confused with Stone-in-Oxney, Kent
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Stone (near Dartford), Kent parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Stone (near Dartford), Kent Online Parish Records|
Images for Stone near Dartford are available at FamilySearch Records see England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) 1780-1831
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK
Introduction to LDS Family History Centers to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
STONE-NEAR-DARTFORD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Dartford, hundred of Axton, Dartford, and Wilmington, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, W. division of Kent, 2 miles (E. by N.) from Dartford. 
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 7 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Kent, Bishop's Transcripts, 1560-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Kent, Parish Registers, 1538-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 13 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Kent, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Medway Ancestors Imagebase: list of parishes, in alphabetical order', Cityark, accessed 8 November 2013.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 224-229. Date accessed: 08 May 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 3 December 2014, at 18:29.
- This page has been accessed 3,355 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page