Suffolk Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Suffolk Parish has served Nansemond County, Virginia.
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
The original Suffolk Parish Vestry Books (1749-1784, 1825-1856) are kept at the Library of Virginia. Abstracts:
- Hopkins, William Lindsay. Suffolk Parish Vestry Book, 1749-1784, Nansemond County, Virginia, and Newport Parish Vestry Book, 1724-1772, Isle of Wight County, Virginia. Richmond, Va.: W.L. Hopkins, 1988. Available at FHL.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 230-239.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,872 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More