Suffolk Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Suffolk Parish has served Nansemond County, Virginia.
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
The original Suffolk Parish Vestry Books (1749-1784, 1825-1856) are kept at the Library of Virginia. Abstracts:
- Hopkins, William Lindsay. Suffolk Parish Vestry Book, 1749-1784, Nansemond County, Virginia, and Newport Parish Vestry Book, 1724-1772, Isle of Wight County, Virginia. Richmond, Va.: W.L. Hopkins, 1988. Available at FHL.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 230-239.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,738 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page