SwitzerlandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|News and Events|
The moderator for Switzerland is Sonja Nishimoto.
Welcome to the Switzerland page!feedback are essential!
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!
As of April 2014, the church records of the Canton of Appenzell-Ausserrhoden are available online from the Staatsarchiv Appenzell website. To access the church records online, click here.
- The list of Switzerland Websites at the Family History Library will help you get started in your search for Swiss ancestors.
- Check out the Register of Swiss Surnames to see in which towns your family surname held citizenship.
- For German-speaking Swiss in Eastern Europe see the Germans from Russia Wiki page and the Federation of East European Family History Societies (FEEFHS) Internet site.
- Join the Switzerland Genealogy Research Community on Facebook and Skype!
- BYU Research Outline for Switzerland
- Swiss websites
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Switzerland Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland, Canton of Basel-Stadt Church Records(FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland, Basel City Local Citizenship Requests (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland Church Book Extacts (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland, Schaffhausen Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland, Schaffhausen Genealogies and City Directories (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Switzerland, Canton of Vaud Land and Property Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Switzerland is a landlocked country surrounded by France, Austria, Germany and Italy. It is made up of several ethnic groups. In the east and central cantons, you will find mostly German speaking people making up about 65% of the total population. The French speakers are mostly in the western areas and are about 18% of the population. Italian language population in southern Switzerland, makes up about 10% of the population. In the canton of Graubunden, about 1% of the population has Romansch ancestry. To find out more about Switzerland, please go to the following links:
Did You Know?Did you know that Julius Billeter researched over 1200 Swiss families? Maybe yours is one of them! To check for these records click here Bibliography of the works of Julius Billeter.
Did you know that The Swiss Republic is now over 715 years old, making it the oldest republic in the World?
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
(Your text or images here, or use the table below:)
Links to articles, subcategories and images under the Category Switzerland
- This page was last modified on 28 July 2014, at 17:19.
- This page has been accessed 22,427 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki