Switzerland Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records .
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: I get a message “This image is viewable when using the site at a family history center OR to signed-in members of supporting organizations” for these records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #1: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish images from the Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 collection for viewing online. Images for this collection are only available for viewing to members of the sponsoring organization (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), and at FamilySearch Centers. It is important to check with your FamilySearch Center before your visit, to verify that the center is equipped with the capability to view these restricted images on www.familysearch.org.
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief description of the problem and steps taken thus far to resolve the issue.
Question #2: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #2: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Basel-Stadt > Sankt Theodor > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1878-1888 are missing from our online collection. The records can be viewed by ordering film number 922149.
- Bern > Boltigen > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1772-1875 is Taufen and Indexes 1812-1875
- Bern > Boltigen > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1785-1875 is Taufen and Indexes 1830-1875.
- Bern > Bremgarten > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Toten, Index 1721-1807 contains Heiraten 1752-1875
- Bern > Oberburg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1580-1612 and > Heiraten 1580-1626 belong in the browse path Bern > Rüderswil > Evangelisch-Reformierte.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1585-1625 contains records for Bern > Rüeggisberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1585-1625.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1581-1626 contains records for Bern > Rüeggisberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1581-1626.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1626-1671 contains records for Bern > Rüeggisberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1626-1671.
- Bern > Wattenwil > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen, Index 1528-1732 contains records for Rüti bei Büren. There are not Wattenwill records prior to 1659.
- Bern > Wattenwil > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen, Index 1705-1763 does not contains the index.
- Bern > Worb > Evangelisch-Reformierte: Many of the records from Films 2005840 item 5, 2005841, 2005842, 2005843, 2005844, 2005845 and 2005846 item 1 are missing online. The missing information can be viewed by ordering the film (See NOTE).
Question #3: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #3: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Basel-Stadt > Sankt Theodor > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen 1884-1900 year span should be 1894-1900.
- Bern > Boltigen > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen, Index 1769-1875 year span should be 1721-1753 and 1769.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Toten 1724-1751 records are found at Heiraten 1724-1751.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1724-1751 records are found at Toten 1724-1751.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
Example, Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 > Basel-Stadt > Sankt Theodor > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1736-1827 > Image 5 of 28.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Switzerland Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2015, at 01:08.
- This page has been accessed 1,946 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More