Switzerland Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The records for Basel-Stadt, Sankt Theodor, Evangelisch-Reformierte, Taufen 1884-1900 only contain baptisms for the years 1894-1900. Are baptismal records for the years 1884-1894 available?
Answer #1: The year range 1884-1900 should read 1894-1900. Records for 1889-1893 are found in the folder labeled Taufen 1889-1893. Images for baptisms from 1878-1888 are missing from our online collection. The records can be viewed by ordering film number 922149 and viewing it in your local FamilySearch Center. See: Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche
Question #2: Why do I receive a message that some of the images are unavailable unless I sign in or go to a family history center?
Answer #2: FamilySearch has limited rights, granted by the record custodians, to publish images for the diocese of Bern to the following groups: Family History Library, FamilySearch Centers, and patrons with an LDS login (members of the sponsoring organization).
Workaround: Visit the nearest FamilySearch Center where all images may be viewed free of charge. Please check with the FamilySearch Center to verify that they are certified to view these images.
If you have an LDS account and are not able to view images after signing in, it may be due to a registration problem, not an image access problem. Please call 1-866-406-1830 in the United States, or contact Patron Services at email@example.com. Please include a brief description of the problem and steps taken thus far to resolve the issue.
Question #3: The FamilySearch Catalog shows that the films for Kirchenbuch, 1564-1875, author: Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche Worb (Bern) are available online. However, many of the film records are not in the Browse section of the Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 > Bern > Worb > Evangelisch-Reformierte collection. Where can I see the rest of the records?
Answer #3: Many of the records from FHL Film numbers 2005840 item 5, 2005841, 2005842, 2005843, 2005844, 2005845 and 2005846 item 1 are missing from the database. The missing information can be viewed by ordering the film and viewing it at your Local FamilySearch Center.
Question #4: The records for Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 > Bern > Boltigen > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen do not have the correct dates; what are the correct browse points for this section?
Answer #4: The correct dates for the Bern > Boltigen > Taufen browse points are:
• Taufen 1772-1875 is Taufen and Taufen Indexes 1812-1875.
• Taufen 1785-1875 is Taufen and Taufen Indexes 1830-1875.
• Taufen, Index 1769-1875 is Taufen and Taufen Indexes 1721-1753 and 1769.
Question #5: Some Bern browse points do not contain the correct record type or location. What are the correct browse points or where can the records be found?
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte> Taufen 1626-1671 records may be found at Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1724-1751.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1724-1751 records may be found at Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte> Taufen 1626-1671.
- Bern > Ringgenberg > Evangelisch-Reformierte> Taufen 1626-1671 browse point contains Rüeggisberg > Taufen 1581-1626.
- Bern > Wattenwil > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen, Index 1528-1732, contains Rüti b. Büren, instead of Wattenwil. Rüti b. Büren may be found on film # 2005929.
- Bern > Wattenwil > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Taufen, Index 1705-1763, contains the actual Taufen (birth) records instead of the index. Wattenwil records may be found on film # 2005822.
Question #6: When searching through these records, sometimes the place, event, type, or year range, may be incorrect. How may I determine which are incorrect?
Answer #6: Please see the following for errors in the browse points that we know of so far.
- Bern > Bremgarten > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Toten, Index 1721-1807 should read Bern > Bremgarten > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1752-1875.
Question #7: Some Bleienbach and Biglen records are on the same film 2005291; They have not been separated out and are all listed in Biglen; I know this because I used the wiki for Bleienbach and went to a page titled Biglen. This can and will cause a lot of confusion as to what parish records I am actually looking at.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
Example, Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 > Basel-Stadt > Sankt Theodor > Evangelisch-Reformierte > Heiraten 1736-1827 > Image 5 of 28.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Switzerland Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Switzerland, Church Records, 1277-1992 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 23 July 2014, at 21:43.
- This page has been accessed 1,736 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki