Syderstone, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Docking PLU|
|Parish registers: 1585|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SYDERSTONE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (W. N. W.) from Fakenham. Here are places of worship for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.
Syderstone St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich. The church is one of 124 surviving round tower churches in Norfolk.
Syderstone is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk near the town of Fakenham. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Syderstone, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Syderstone, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1585-1684, 1689-1874||Undefined||1585-1684, 1689-1901||Undefined||1585-1684, 1689-1889|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 238
Microfilm copy of original record at the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, England.
Item 9 Baptisms, burials, marriages 1585-1684 Item 10 Baptisms 1689-1741 Marriages and burials 1690-1740 Item 11 Baptisms and burials 1732-1783 Marriages 1737-1765 Item 12 Baptisms and burials 1783-1812 Marriages 1784-1797 Item 13 Baptisms 1813-1874 Item 14 Marriages, banns 1754-1783, 1798-1812 Item 15 Marriages 1813-1837 Item 16 Marriages 1838-1901 Item 17 Burials 1813-1889 FHL BRITISH Film 1596389 Items 9-17
Item 18 Banns 1872-1900 Item 19 Transcripts of baptisms, marriages, burials 1585-1684 Item 20 Transcripts of baptisms 1689-1741 Transcripts of marriages and burials 1690-1740 Item 21 Transcripts of baptisms and burials 1732-1783 Transcripts of marriages 1737-1765 Item 22 Transcripts of baptisms and burials 1783-1812 Marriages and banns 1754-1812 FHL BRITISH Film 1596389 Items 18-22
Archdeacons transcripts, 1725-1812 Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Baptisms and burials 1725-1812 Marriages 1725-1811 FHL BRITISH Film 1526790 Item 14
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438859.
Genealogy From Periodicals
West, Rosalie. Matthew, Matthew, Wherefore Art Thou, Matthew? Family tree of Francis Langley and Martha Hutton married 1728, at Syderstone, with descendants spreading to Tattersett, East Rudham, Docking, and Ringstead, Wells and Fakenham. History gives details of the descendants, and the views of looking for Matthew. Surnames in the family tree are Secker, Sutton, Strike, Death, Sharp, Oughton, Claxton, Brown, Playford, Goll, Davey, Senter, Framingham, Jacob, Cremer Bussnett, and Langley. Dates range from 1728-1869 and the article is to be found in The Norfok Ancestor, old series vol.6.pt.1, pages 9-11, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j old series vol 6. pt.1 .
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Syderstone on GenUKI
- Syderstone on Norfolk Churches
- Syderstone St Mary on Round tower churches website
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 292-294. Date accessed: 15 July 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 18:06.
- This page has been accessed 2,076 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News