Talk:FamilySearch Evaluation SurveyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To add a new question or comment, click the + link on the right side of this page. To answer a question or add a comment to a current discussion, click the edit link to the right of the section you want to edit.
A few more thoughts about the project to consider:
- Please remember that we are asking for your opinion. If you were the one who entered your search query into FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Google.com, or any other search engine, how would you feel about the result?
- Also, the training presentation that goes step-by-step through the project contains the opinions of the creator. As I said before, we are asking for your opinion, so you may disagree with some of the values that the creator of the training entered. Personally, I would have entered a 1 in the Relationship field for Line 2 in the example (slide 9), because the query included father and mother and the result did not, but I can understand the opinion that led her to index a 4 (I suppose she was thinking we can infer that because his name is Michael Kline, his father might also be named Michael Kline). On Line 6, I would have indexed a 5 for the Date field (slide 12) because all dates are within the date range of the query (1900-2010). We are simply asking for you to judge how you would feel if these results were given to you after you entered your query.
- Finally, a little further explanation as to why “Not requested by query” equals a 5. The logic behind the 5 is that because you didn’t ask for the information, any information that we give you in the result is just a bonus, above-and-beyond what you asked of us.
cannot find the evaluation when I click download batch
I have just gone to the download batch screen and the evaluation survey does not show under prefered or all projects. Am I doing something wrong or ?
Hmmm. Everyone in your stake should be able to see the project. Have you tried clicking on the Project Name column to sort the list by name and then look between España and France? GaleK 17:42, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
To find the survey when you Download, you have to select All Projects.
Instructions don't match fields
Project Information mentions a field, "Does Record match Query?" There is no field entitled as such.
- Thank you for catching that. I'll pass the information on to the project creator. It should be referring to the field with this really long title: "In general, if you had made this query, how satisfied would you be with the result?" GaleK 21:44, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
Also as an example if number 8 search result matches 5, 6, or 7 we only have a choice of 1-4.
- Sounds like you are referring to the field titled, "Do any of the search results above this one appear to be the same?" The drop-down list includes the following options: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, N-None of the Above or Not Applicable. You just need to scroll down on the list to see the options of 5, 6, 7, or N. GaleK 21:44, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
This page is outside the wiki's scope
Hey gang, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but this page is outside the defined scope of this wiki and needs to be removed. Normally I'd place a Delete Template on any page that falls outside the wiki's scope, but decided not to in this case because it appears the folks who created this page may actually be a group within FamilySearch headquarters. But please find another home for this page outside of this wiki. If the wiki were to become a place to solicit suggestions for products or even a platform to support a suggestions survey, we'd be headed down a slippery slope that's not good for the focus of this site. If you have any questions, please leave a message on my user talk page. RitcheyMT 19:13, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 9 May 2011, at 19:13.
- This page has been accessed 869 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More