Talk:Family History Library Internet FavoritesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This question or concern has been resolved.|
Both the FHL Favorites.exe file on drive G: on the patron computer stations at the Family History Library, and the Bookmark.htm file available on wiki.familysearch.org promise to include six folders, namely: British, Canada & USA, International, News, Search Engines, and World. But, in both cases, only the British folder is included.
Only one section of the Favorites will download - British. I have tried again and again. I have several people in my research classes who want the entire Favorites but can't get them.— Preceding unsigned comment added by clairjones (talk | contribs) 10 August 2011
- 1. Make sure there is really a problem. The British file is by far the largest--almost as large as the rest combined. Are the other files hiding at the end of the British file?
- 2. Are you careful to follow the download instructions completely?
- 3. Contact the owner of the Internet site. Ask him if he can provide additional instructions/help that you need to download all the files.
- Alternatively, consider using the Favorites links right off the site without downloading them.
- If none of these solve the problem, please contact me by leaving a message on my user talk page User talk:DiltsGD. I'm willing to look into it further if the Internet site owner cannot help you. DiltsGD 14:26, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
Thank YOU / YOUR Article is Selected
The FamilySearch Research Wiki is delighted to let you know that the “Family History Library Internet Favorites ” article you helped create will be highlighted on the Main page of the Wiki. It will appear January 14, 2013 and remain for seven days. Thank you for your excellent work – you have given readers/researchers important access to records. Your contributions are appreciated and will assist others in finding their ancestors. You have made a difference in research!
We invite you to do any enhancing, editing or changing to this article before we post it. If you are considering an edit we ask that it be completed by January 13, 2013. If you feel this article is not ready to be highlighted, please let us know. Thank you for your time and effort!
- This page was last modified on 8 April 2013, at 21:54.
- This page has been accessed 506 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More