Talk:Germany HandwritingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
What is the purpose of putting in categories with a pipe like:
- [[Category:Word List|Germany]]
Why not use a regular straightforward category? I cannot tell where these categories even point. I cannot tell whether I dare "fix" these categories to something normal folks would understand. Diltsgd 02:20, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- The text after the pipe is used to sort the article's entry on the category page. In the examples given, this page Germany Handwriting would be listed under Handwriting in the Category:Germany and under Germany in the Category:Word List. If no sort key is specified the article title is used to index the article in categories.
See Wikipedia:Categorization#Using_sort_keys for more details --Steve 05:08, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you! I already commented on the same that was posted to my user page by diltsgd. dsammy 07:07, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
The link in this paragraph "A three-part online class called Reading German Handwritten Records is available on the FamilySearch.org website." leads to a 404 error page. Indexing For FamilySearch Blog 22:13, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
I fixed that link and the one to the hadwriting tutorial. The other links worked.
JohnsonBX 15:43, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 21 February 2015, at 15:43.
- This page has been accessed 609 times.