Talk:LondonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
It should be simple for users to navigate down from nation > county > parish. Please do not remove the list of parishes from this page without further discussion. Murphynw 06:26, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
I have been adding material to London parish pages. If others working on these pages are interested in sharing ideas, I'd be delighted to talk. I'd love to see photos/sketches of each parish church and details about parish registers and local censuses. Sample page: All Hallows, London Wall. Murphynw 04:25, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
| This question or concern has been resolved.|
Image of Big Ben / Palace of Westminster
I know that Big Ben / Palace of Westminster is a recognisable symbol of London, but the collection of articles in the wiki about London appear to be about the City of London with Westminster covered in the Middlesex articles. As such would it more appropriate to use a different image linked with the City instead? Either this or explain to researchers the different meanings/scope attached to the term London at different times in history. --Steve 14:01, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- Good point. I should've known better. Would the Tower Bridge be more accurate? Murphynw 02:55, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes an image of Tower Bridge would be more appropriate :) --Steve 09:35, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for cleaning this page up. I couldn't figure out how to get all the spacing the way I liked it. It looks great now. I'm planning on making a labeled clickable map of London's parishes as soon as I figure out how. I'd planned on having it replace the 1851 Jurisdictions screen capture. Murphynw 03:45, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
I was born in London and often when there to visit my Dads Family the Killgallon's. Over family moved away from London just after my younger Sister was born. We moved to Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire. I think the reason we moved was because there was more work for my Dad in Huntingdon.
Ah, but there isn't anything like Pie and Mash, and Fish n Chips.
I wonder if The Lying-in Hospital is still working thats where I was born.
- There were four lying-in hospitals in London. The modern term is maternity hospital. --Steve 17:28, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 21 November 2013, at 06:26.
- This page has been accessed 909 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki