Talk:Ordering Microfilm or MicroficheEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
It would be very helpful if you would add information regarding useage of Microfilm and explain how it can be used, i.e. may an entire microfilm be copied to a flash drive or a CD? What restrictions are there to using a film. Can a person rent a film for an indefinite period, does afilm have to be viewed at a FHC, can a person purchase a film. Thanks.
- Patrons have to view a film at a FamilySearch Center so it would be practical to put a direct link to How to Find a Family Search Center rather than the current around about way to find one that you have currently linked on this page. Use this link: https://www.familysearch.org/locations
- In the "On-line Film Ordering" section this sentence is included: "If your Family History Center is among those listed as available on the Film Ordering page, then you must go to your local Family History Center to place your order." I believe you mean "If your Family History Center is NOT among those listed as available on the Film Ordering page, then you must go to your local Family History Center to place your order."
- Above suggestions have been made on the pageLynda 19:21, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche
This new system is so tedious and frustrating. When trying to sign-in I received a message saying my session had timed out yet, another page came up saying I was signed in.
The instruction page, "Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche" did not include rental fee information and I could not find that anywhere. I could not even order a film (1194576) using your web site! I know a lot of people are not happy with the way this new system doesn't work. Searching is aggravating on this new site. Give me the old site https://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlc/ any day!
- This site will answer some of your questions Film Ordering Users Guide.
FHL limited hours
My local FHL has extremely limited hours. Why can't I order microfilm and view it at my local public library?
Can't find the place to see status of an existing film order.
- This page was last modified on 27 April 2013, at 14:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,135 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page