Talk:USGenWebEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Should we mention the other GenWeb projects for the rest of the world? (eg:Italy etc) davide 00:46, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I would mention them generally in this article, and provide a link to the main site for the other Genweb projects, I think this is known as 'World Genweb. I'm not sure of the URL. JamesAnderson 04:38, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- Ok actioned. But may need some work. davide 06:54, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I don't know who you are
Davide - I don't know who you are, but at least try to ask questions more. I am very familiar with The USGenWeb Project as well as the WorldGenWeb Project. I am volunteer in both Projects almost from the beginning and current am member of the Board of The WorldGenWeb Project.
As for The USGenWeb article - it is copyrighted and permission was obtained from the author for the Wiki. Please don't change anything in the article without asking me first to be sure.
I will have The WorldGenWeb Project page added later, not early when things settle down within The WorldGenWeb Project. Too many sites moving around right now. dsammy 23:28, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- from the note at the bottom of each editing page: "If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here." I suggest locking the page down because I did not realize that it was not to be modified. And will stop modifying it. davide 00:34, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
I'm aware of that statement but that is not what I am talking about. What I am talking about is using Discussion page like this and come to agreement. I am very much aware of what had happened elsewhere in the Wiki that you tried to do only to get hand slapped so better to have discussion. dsammy 04:13, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- I agree discussion is good and I have already explained that I did not realize that I could not modify this page, I can not change my past actions. So please don't make it sound like what I did (tried to change portal colors for Italy and failed) as a bad thing. My intention was was to improve and not destroy or be malicious. I understand that this is not wikipedia but on this article I do not believe you have a NPV (Neutral point of view) and suggest that it should be scaled back to basic information with a link to the same copyrighted article on the usgenweb site , this would allow a non copyrighted article that people could modify, as I do not believe I will not be the last person on this wiki to make a mistake like this! Or lock the page down. What do believe? davide 06:33, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- The statement "If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here." is true. Please link to copyrighted material rather than posting it verbatim as users are welcome to edit articles on this site. Additionally, we do strive for Neutral Point of View. This article will not be locked down. Molliewog 19:27, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 2 January 2010, at 21:45.
- This page has been accessed 456 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More