Tangipahoa Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Tangipahoa Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1869|
|Address|| 100 N Bay St. |
Amite, LA 70422
- 1869--Tangipahoa Parish was created 6 March 1869 from Livingston, St. Tammany, St. Helena, and Washington Parishes.
Parish seat: Amite 
See an interactive map of Tangipahoa Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Amite County, Mississippi
- Pike County, Mississippi
- St. Helena
- St. John the Baptist
- St. Tammany
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
- St. Dominic's Catholic Church Cemetery BillionGraves. On Hwy 445, rural Tangipahoa Parish.
|Tangipahoa Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Family Maps of Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana p 293 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Tangipahoa Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22105.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02. . Hurricane Katrina,which in 2005 wreaked severe damage east and south of Tangipahoa Parish, caused a surge in immigration from the Greater New Orleans area.
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 04:22.
- This page has been accessed 2,222 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More