From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Nevada Taos County
Taos and other counties in New Mexico Territory in 1852.
In theory the southern tip of present-day Nevada
, that is the northern part of Clark County
and southern parts of Lincoln
counties were part of Taos County, New Mexico Territory
from its creation in New Mexico
Territory in 1846 until about 1854 when the western part of Taos County was absorbed by Rio Arriba County
There is little chance someone as far away as Nevada would take the trouble to go to New Mexico to conduct their county business. It is unlikely any records of people living in Nevada are actually found in Taos County records.
See also Taos County, Arizona.
- ↑ Compare 1852 and 1854 maps.
- ↑ John Koontz, Political History of Nevada, 5th ed. (Carson City, Nev.: SPO, 1965), 37-98. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 N2k
- ↑ Kearny's Code 1846, "Courts and Judicial Powers,” secs. 5-7/p. 49; Abel, Map #2; Coan, 252; Williams, 108-109
- ↑ N.M. Terr. Laws 1851, 1st assy., 2d sess. /p. 291
- ↑ Original Counties of New Mexico Territory (map) at http://www.nmgs.org/Graphics/nmcoun-orig.jpg (accessed 9 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Taos County, New Mexico" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taos_County,_New_Mexico (accessed 8 August 2011).
- ↑ J.H. Colton, "Territories of New Mexico and Utah" (map) (New York: Johnson and Browning, 1860?). Digitized at http://content.lib.utah.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/uw&CISOPTR=483&CISOBOX=1&REC=1 (accessed 9 August 2011).
- ↑ Marion Ellison, An inventory and index to the records of Carson County, Utah and Nevada Territories, 1855-1861 (Reno, Nevada: Grace Dangberg Foundation, 1984), iv. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 R2e.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Wikipedia contributors, "1st Arizona Territorial Legislature" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Arizona_Territorial_Legislature (accessed 8 August 2011).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Wikipedia contriutors, "Pah-Ute County, Arizona" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pah-Ute_County,_Arizona (accessed 8 August 2011).
This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 03:52.
This page has been accessed 893 times.