Template talk:WelcomeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Link to Help:User page
Restore code to auto-include user name
I have restored the code to auto-include the user name when the template is substituted on a user talk page. I have also added back a link to your contributions and fixed the link to the forums.
I don't understand why the edit of 17:34, May 24, 2011 was made to remove several wiki links (ie your contributions)? Would someone please explain the reasoning behind this. Thanks --Steve 19:15, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- Just curious if you have thought about asking the person who changed it? Thomas_Lerman 23:17, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry I changed the links. Janell and I thought the welcome letter to be too long and all the links to be too distracting for a new user. If you want me to, I will put them back in. Vlfunk
- Thanks Thomas, thanks Vickie. Reducing the length of the message I can understand, but I think the particular link to their contributions is useful both for the person adding this welcome message and for the new user as it shows them a page they may not have seen before. I will add back this link. --Steve 07:50, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 25 May 2011, at 08:03.
- This page has been accessed 183 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More