Tennessee Civil War Union Artillery UnitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- United States U.S. Military Tennessee Tennessee Military Tennessee in the Civil War Tennessee Civil War Union Artillery Units
The information in this list of Tennessee Military Units comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site (CWSS). That web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 1st Battalion, Tennessee Light Artillery (Union)
Also called 1st Tennessee Light Artillery Regiment.
Organized at Memphis, Tennessee, Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee, June 13, 1862, to October 16, 1863.
Mustered out July, 1865.
- 1st Regiment, Tennessee Heavy Artillery (African Descent) (Union)
Organized at Fort Pickering, Memphis, in 1863.
March 11, 1864, changed to 2nd U. S. Heavy Artillery Regiment (Colored).
April 26, 1864, changed to 3rd U.S. Colored Heavy Artillery Regiment.
- 2nd Regiment, Tennessee Heavy Artillery (African Descent) (Union)
Also called 2nd West Tennessee Heavy Artillery Regiment (African Descent).
Organized at Columbus, Kentucky, June, 1863.
Ceased to exist on April 26, 1864 to 4th United States Colored Heavy Artillery Regiment.
- This page was last modified on 9 November 2011, at 00:01.
- This page has been accessed 403 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki