Tennessee Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: Some names are linked to the wrong images. How can the correct images be found?
Answer #1: One of the last categories listed on the indexed information page is the certificate number (cn). This number can be used to find the correct image. Each death certificate has the certificate number located in the top right corner of the document. The correct image may be found by using the arrows to move forward or backward until you find the correct certificate number. There are a few instances where images were filmed out of order. Scroll nearby images forward and backward to make sure the image you are seeking is in the proper sequence.
Question #2: I searched for a mislinked record using the certificate number and cannot find it. It appears to have been skipped. Are these images available?
Answer #2: If the certificate number has been skipped, the image was not digitized. However, the images of the death certificates are on the original films. These films can be ordered and viewed in a local FamilySearch Center. The correct film number can be found on this link to the FamilySearch Catalog. Be sure to look at all the options listed as there are indexes and death records. The film number is the seven digit number listed to the right. For instructions on ordering the film, see Ordering Microfilm.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Tennessee, Death Records, 1914-1955 > 004017232 > Image 864 of 2356.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Tennessee Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Tennessee, Death Records, 1914-1955 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2013, at 16:18.
- This page has been accessed 391 times.