Tennessee For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Bamman, Gale Williams and Charles A. Sherrill. Research in Tennessee. Arlington, Va.: National Genealogical Society, 2009. FHL Book 976.8 D27ba 2009. Revised edition of a 1993 NGSQ article. This is the most current printed guide on Tennessee research. The original article, prepared by a Certified Genealogist, and updated by a Tennessee expert, gives a concise overview of the history and settlement, major archives, and record sources in Tennessee. It is available for purchase, for a very reasonable price, in paper or PDF format, through the NGS website.
- Fulcher, Richard C. Guide to County Records and Genealogical Resources in Tennessee. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. FHL Book 976.8 A3f. This record contains an alphabetical list of counties with addresses of libraries, historical and genealogical societies, and the records available, with dates.
- Hathaway, Beverly West. Genealogical Research Sources in Tennessee. West Jordan, Utah: Allstate Research, 1972. FHL Book 976.8 D2h. This source contains a list of record types, addresses of libraries, archives, and historical societies, newspapers, county histories, and a list of counties showing the dates for which each type of record is available.
- McCay, Betty L. Sources for Genealogical Searching in Tennessee. N.p., 1970. FHL Book 976.8 A1 no.2; film 824106 item 5. This source gives background on Tennessee and types of records. It lists missing records for each county.
- Schweitzer, George K. Tennessee Genealogical Research. n.p.: G.K. Schweitzer, 1993. FHL Book 976.8 D27sg 1993. This source contains background information on Tennessee and a list of record sources. It gives the date each county was formed and the records available in each.
- Sistler, Byron and Barbara Sistler. The Yellow Pages: Sources & Suggestions for Searching in Tennessee. Evanston, Ill.: B. Sistler, 1978. FHL Book 976.8 D2s.
- Tennessee State Library and Archives "Core List of Tennessee Books" includes biographies and a variety of books containing biographical information.
- TENNESSEE - GENEALOGY - HANDBOOKS, MANUALS, ETC.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 05:19.
- This page has been accessed 2,441 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More